– Ephesus Ancient City: It was once one of the biggest city of ancient World with a population of 250.000
people. This City was established by the sea and with its port, it became the heart of trading in the ancient World. Ephesus had been a religious center of early Christians.
– The House of Virgin Mary: The house is typical Roman architectural example, entirely made out of stones.
In the 4th century, a church combining her house and grave, has been built.
– Temple of Artemis: It’s known as one of the seven wonders of Antic World. Now the only thing can be seen the
ruins of the foundations of this awesome construction of the Hellenistic age, made out of marble and full of sculptured columns, capitals and shafts.
– Terrace Houses: It’s located nearby Hadrian Temple. Terrace houses also called as ‘the houses of rich’.
These houses were for rich people of Ephesus.
– St. John Basilica: St. John spent his last years in this region of Ephesus. The church was changed into an
awesome basilica by Emperor Justinian.